#healing New Arthritis photos

Some arthritis images:

Magdolina SuMe Magz (04-July-2002 ~ 25-October-2013)
Image by Portraying Life, LLC
Complications from old age caught up with Magz, our eleven year old Vizsla. For her last six years, she was subject to periodic seizures that were controlled by medication. While her dosage was at a therapeutic low, it was not risk-free and known to have cumulative averse effects on liver functions. Over the last year, her health has been in decline. In the end, incurable diabetes, blindness and arthritis severely limited her mobility and lfe quality.
Magz came to us as a surprise puppy and quickly drilled deep into our heart. Her direct blood line contains many dual field and show champions. We ‘field trained’ her to retrieve downed upland game birds which, in turn, introduced us to the exciting world of Sporting Dog field competitions. She was eager to learn and considered fetching the morning paper her daily duty and job. She behaved in the field and at home with playful dignity and was true to her breed. As a pet, she was gentle with neighborhood children and had a wide popular following. Her nick-name, "Magzy-Waggzy." was perfect. Being our official greeter, an enthusiastic waggly-tail, wiggle-dance and fetch toy was offered to every visitor. As an outing buddy, she was a pure joy.

Magz had a way of attracting unsolicited kindness from strangers.

For example, when we arrived at the vet’s place, as she was standing in the parking lot looking a bit wobbly while waiting for us to secure the car, several just teenage boys entered the lot from not far away.

One called out loudly: "Hey Mister… what a beautiful dog…" then the others chimed in with the same,,,

Jane and I responded, "Thank you…"

Another then asked: "Are you here to put her to sleep?"

We answered "Yes…"

Another said "Don’t do that, she’s too pretty…"

Jane responded saying that Magz was very sick.

Then one asked if he could pet her, we said "Sure…" which he did… all the while reassuring her that things were going to be OK and better… as the others cheered along with the similar reassurances.

Magz, though very weak, looked them in the eye, returned their salute with a waggle-tail, then moved to enter the clinic. Everything else went routinely.

Perhaps I’m reading too much into all of this, but I came away seeing those scruffy young boys as "angels of the moment"… I feel certain that a presence (God?) reached out to Magz, Jane and me… everyone there.

Something came over those boys… Suddenly they possessed extraordinary goodness/compassion/kindness/love, plus the ability speak for all of us and to express things in ways that were familiar to Magz. After they moved along, I’m sure they returned to being as they were.. normal, silly kids, or maybe not…

For Jane and me, the flash of that moment was a perfect… a most beautiful and unforgettable way to close this chapter.

The old Hungarian saying, "A Vizsla lives on the top of your head." certainly rang true in our home and everyday life. Magz will be deeply missed.


Image by paladinsf
Around 1892, Renoir developed rheumatoid arthritis. In 1907, he moved to the warmer climate of "Les Collettes," a farm at Cagnes-sur-Mer, close to the Mediterranean coast.[11] Renoir painted during the last twenty years of his life, even when arthritis severely limited his movement, and he was wheelchair-bound. He developed progressive deformities in his hands and ankylosis of his right shoulder, requiring him to adapt his painting technique. It has often been reported that in the advanced stages of his arthritis, he painted by having a brush strapped to his paralyzed fingers,[12] but this is erroneous; Renoir remained able to grasp a brush, although he required an assistant to place it in his hand.[13] The wrapping of his hands with bandages, apparent in late photographs of the artist, served to prevent skin irritation.[13]

During this period he created sculptures by cooperating with a young artist, Richard Guino, who worked the clay. Renoir also used a moving canvas, or picture roll, to facilitate painting large works with his limited joint mobility.[13]

In 1919, Renoir visited the Louvre to see his paintings hanging with the old masters. He died in the village of Cagnes-sur-Mer, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, on December 3.

[edit] Artworks

Powered by WP Robot